Hope everyone has a great weekend. Hubby and I are having date night tonight, dinner and a movie!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Holiday Time
The other day I ran into Target and saw they had all their Christmas decorations out. I am usually a traditionalist and believe Christmas decorations shouldn’t start until Thanksgiving, but I have to admit it made me really happy to see them. I am really ready for the holidays this year. There is something so magical about this time of year. It’s a time to slow down, spend time with our families and give thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm with you on not starting with Christmas until after Thanksgiving. It seems like we miss out on Thanksgiving and the focus on that holiday when the Christmas season starts before it. I am excited, though, to start getting the decorations up (but not until the Friday after Thanksgiving). ;)
Yes, you MUST MUST MUST come to NYC & see the parade, live!! It is truly magnificent! Living just 2 blocks from where it starts, we're lucky enough to get to see them blow up the balloons the night before & then go to the parade the next day.
Have a GREAT one!
I think more and more people are decorating their homes before T-giving,too. Christmas makes me happy but I don't want us to forget what Thanksgiving is all about.
I hope you do get to see the parade someday. I know it has to be so fun!
Lisa
Post a Comment