On Saturday I had the idea that we’d take the dogs to have their photo taken with Santa. Well you can imagine how that went down…not pretty. First off the Santa they had there was maybe 17 and the background was just terrible, but since we were already there I decided to just go with it since the money went to charity. Well we did not get any good shots of dogs, this was partly due to the fact they did not have this sectioned off there were dogs running around everywhere…bad idea. You can see below the one photo I got both dogs were looking the opposite direction. So we left with one bad photo. Once we got home I decided I’d just put some bows on the dogs and try and few shots by the Christmas tree. You can see how excited they were with getting their picture taken. Additionally, our Chocolate Lab decided it would be more fun to chew the bows.
Hubby and I decided this was a good lesson to help us prepare for photos with children. It was my intention this year to make a holiday card with their picture; however, I’m rethinking that idea. Hope you all had a great weekend!
*Note: I have a new camera that I apparently cannot operate hence the flash issue with the eyes.



6 comments:
We had sone of the same experiences with our dog, Shelby while taking our Christmas photo. She wanted to chew the bow she had on. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the middle picture of the dogs laying next to eachother looking at you. That is such a great picture of your dogs...they are gorgeous! My honest opinion is that you should use that picture! The dogs look so cute! :)
Your hubby is so right! This IS preparing you for kids. I have nearly been driven to drink trying to photograph Lindy. I cried (for real) at Target last year when I tried to have her picture taken.
It is a reminder that kids are kids (and dogs are dogs) and they don't always do things exactly how we want them to. I wanted a picture of Lindy like the ones that come in the frames or are hanging in the offices of photographers. She isn't the calm child who is still and unexpressive. She is movement and joy and a blur...I am trying to acknowledge that and capture her as she is...
BTW, your pictures are just fine!!!
Happy Monday,
Lisa
yep. kids are just like dogs! Except our schnauzer sits, looks at the camera...follows instructions...our alomst three year old does not...can you say non-compliant!
Hayley
p.s. they look pretty darn cute with those bows!
Oh, they are so cute! And have gorgeous coats. I have considered doing that too, but I don't think that my 10 year pointer would be very cooperative!
Thanks for checking out my blog-I'm going to add you to my blog roll! Take care!
I agree with everyone else that this is good practice for kids. Trying to get pictures, especially of more than one in the same picture, can be traumatic. It is nice, though, to have those photos as memories.
Yes, this is good preparation...we took Kate this weekend and you should see the pics. I will post them soon.
Kim
Post a Comment