Monday, October 22, 2007

Today’s Tidbits

I was reading the news today, as I do everyday, and two stories really struck me. First off, the wildfires in Southern California—this is such a sad situation. I hope the wind dies down and the firefighters are able to get a hold of the fires and the residents are safe. It makes me very sad to see the woodlands and wildlife destroyed.

And the second story that really caught my eye was about this family that had their young children tested for industrial chemicals(apparently for some study). You can read the story on CNN. A brief synopsis—a child 18 months had more industrial chemicals in his blood than his parents…you ask how?? Apparently, the flame retardant chemicals found in many textiles could the culprit. Wow….that’s scary.

Ok, enough of the gloom and doom. On a positive note today is Monday which means The Hills is on tonight. Also I worked from home today, which gave me a chance to walk our dogs during lunch. I just love walking the dogs, not only is it good for them, but I find it such a great way to clear my mind and relax. Anyone else feel this way? What’s your favorite way to relax? Below is a photo of our two four-legged children.

7 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Karen...LOVE the blog! Danielle did an awesome job! Your labs are just ADORABLE & I look forward to getting to know you via the blog world!

Patricia/NYC
LID group

Danielle Moss said...

Your dogs are BEAUTIFUL. I want a dog! I know now isn't the time ...but I'd love one.

I need to find a great way to relax. I don't have one really special thing that I can do. I will try to take it easy, watch some TV, go on the computer, etc...but don't think those things are particularly "relaxing". Any suggestions?

What are your thoughts on The Hills? Spencer did it, but did Heidi actually not know he spread those rumors?

I can't help but think of all the families and all the animals that have been effected by the fires. The sky here has an orange/pink tint so I really can't escape it.

Danielle Moss said...

Also, I need your login info again. The dots on the sides aren't lining up correctly. I need to try to crop the image so the dots line up evenly. Don't think I'm crazy. I just want it to look perfect.

Danielle

Karen said...

Danielle,

Thanks for the comments. We really enjoy the dogs...they are lots of work but great.

I think Spencer is just evil, still can't figure out why she never dumped him.

I find walking/exercising is a great way to relax...also reading is relaxing for me I love it!

Stay safe out there. We have great friends that live in SD, we finally talked with them tonight, they are safe and hoping the fire does not get any closer. They said it's very hard to breath due to the smoke.

I'll send you my login info.

Sheri said...

Your dogs are adorable! Glad you got to walk them during lunch.

I like to relax by reading a book. With 4 kiddos, this doesn't happen often, but I sure enjoy it when I can.

Snowflowers Mum said...

Love your blog...keep it coming!

I am a closet Hills fan myself...don't tell anyone...Spencer is killing me...he is such a jerk!

Hayley
way too old to be watching the Hills!

Angela said...

Just catching up on everything and reading through your site and I love that you watch the Hills too!! I guess I should have known, you and I are so much alike!! I just love that show and I agree Spencer is just aweful... Heidi needs to get out ASAP!! I also love Lauren and I want her to find the perfect man. What do you think about Brodey?