I am back from my trip to Chicago with my sister. We had a great time. We stayed downtown, which is always fun. The highlight of the trip was visiting many small boutiques. My sister found a great boutique P.O.S.H, this place can be described as a Parisian-like flea market. Our great finds: an old map of Paris (me) and old French books (sister). We also enjoyed our time shopping in Lincoln Park, there are so many wonderful shops in that area. We did find a great children’s shop Stinky Pants where we found some must-haves for my niece and nephew. I’ve been to Chicago many times and have always thought what is with the American Girl store, I’ve heard it’s great and all but never understood why people would come to Chicago from all over just for this store. Well my sister and I decided we needed to check it out, as now it makes more sense seeing as she has a little girl and we’re waiting for our daughter. Ok, I must admit…this is a wonderful store. I am not sure who was having more fun, the tons of little girls or my sister and I. We cannot wait to take our daughters to this very special place.
Below are some photos one of our favorite store (and home to the best shoe department) and a view from our hotel room. We were so busy shopping that we did not get photos of us so I’m including one from a previous Christmas. Thanks sister for a wonderful weekend!



8 comments:
I happen to be talking to you on messenger, but I thought I'd say hi.
Love the photos. Glad you had fun!
Danielle
Hi Karen,
Thanks for posting a message on one of my blogs. (Make Room for Mei Mei.) I am always excited to have new readers and was especially excited when I saw your LID was so close to our DTC date.
Congratulations on being logged in. That's a huge, wonderful milestone. I know the wait seems eternal but I hope you will have lots of fun activities and great people around you to keep you busy. It won't be long before you are surrounded by a world of blog friends to cheer you on and encourage you along the way.
The road to your daughter is a long one. There will be good days. There will be bad days. However, when you hold her for the first time you will forget so much of the pain you endured to get to that point. It IS worth it.
Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have questions, want to vent, etc., etc.
By the way, Danielle did a lovely job on your blog. Isn't she great?!
Glad you had fun in Chicago. It is a place I really want to visit someday.
Have a super day,
Lisa
Glad you had a great time in Chicago with your sister. I'm going to Chicago Friday and may have to try to find those neat shops that you mentioned. I am definitely going to go to American Girl, now that I have a little girl to buy for!
I have always wondered what all the talk was about regarding the American Girl store. You will definatly have to fill me in on all the details. Sounds like Kylee and I might have to make a trip to Chicago if we ever come home again.
Chicago is so great I love it and never thought I wanted to leave Annapolis/ DC area- but now this is the happiest place to live- I am 4 blocks from Stinky Pants!! And walk those streets daily-I love Lincoln Park and its a zip to downtown-
Cant wait to read more and about your waiting for your daughter- God Bless All of you in this time and when you come to Chicago to go to American Girl what a happy dream will be realized-
Also you must check out Loris blog A Journey to Our Daughter - she is so great and grounds me all the time- wonderful mother and you have much in common-
Enjoy blogging and we look forward to sharing your joy as you go through this time of life.
H&H
Oh fun! Chicago is such a great city! I think I would have loved the POSH store too! I've never been to the AG store, but next time I'm there, I'll check it out! :)
Sounds like Chicago was your kind of town.
I am so happy that you enjoyed visiting my hometown. (actually I live in the suburbs).
My sister adopted her daughter from China. Katherine is now 4 1/2 and has been part of our family for 3 1/2 years. My sister and BIL have put in for daughter #2. Or Mei Mei as the three of them put it.
They just moved from the burbs of Chicago to South Florida. Katherine, my sister and BIL are greatly missed.
I hope that they adventure to adopted is an experience that is an easy one.
I just came across your blog from 3 Peanuts....Congratulations on your recent LID...it is an amazing journey! Have a great weekend!
Deb
Post a Comment