Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

We had another quiet weekend. Work has been really busy the last month so I've enjoyed having some down time at home. I did some cooking, worked out...and of course cleaned! As I said on my New Year post I was going to eat better and work out more I am happy to report I am still on board with this and finally starting see some results. I still do like to have dessert every now and then so I use the No Pudge Brownie Mix. I buy this at Trader Joe's. I think it's really good and Hubby will even eat them. Another healthy change I've been doing for sometime now is incorporating whole wheat pasta. I especially like to do this when I make my vegetable lasagna. I promise you can't tell the difference in the pasta. Ok, that's all I have for today. If anyone has some great tips/recipes to share I'd love hear them.

4 comments:

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

I need to try the brownie mix! Love brownies- I have a good brownie recipe to add to a mix--but thats probably not what you want right now is it!

Good for you you with new routine and eating better!
Its so worth it and the days add up and you can feel results each week!!! Keep up posted.

3 Peanuts said...

Good job on your new year resolutions!

Kim

Sheri said...

Congrats on keeping those new year resolutions. I'm going to have to try those brownies the next time I'm near a Trader Joe's. I miss that store -- none close by where we live now. What a great idea to use whole wheat pasta, especially when you can't tell the difference. No great tips to share from here unfortunately.

Danielle Moss said...

Way to go with the working out and eating healthy. I haven't been working out, and of course I was going to today and I went ahead and got a piece of glass lodged in my foot :)

I recommend Milton's bread (in the red package). It is very high in fiber (5 grams per slice). They sell it at Trader Joes.

Keep up the good work!

Danielle