We had a nice weekend. The weather was somewhat mild, although today we are back to cold weather and snow flurries. I am seriously wondering if spring will ever come. I know it's only February, but I'm over winter.
On Saturday night we went to my parent's house for dinner. My sister, BIL, nephew, and niece also came, it was lots of fun. My sister and I have decided that we must talk on the phone a lot because other day when their phone rang my niece grabbed the phone and said "Hello Karwin", that's Karen in toddler speak.
Sunday was a quiet day. I made cherry scones for breakfast, which were delicious. Later that night I started watching the Jon & Kate Plus Eight marathon. I seriously love that show, it's so hilarious. I am just amazed how the parents still have a sense of humor through it all. I cannot imagine having eight children...wow.
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Please post the cherry scone recipe asap!!!! Sounds DE- licious!!!
For my scones I cheated and used a box mix for the scones (plain), then added in dried cherries. I did find a recipe for cherry scones...I may try this as well as I love scones.
Dried Cherry Scones
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
1 egg
2/3 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup dried cherries
Egg wash, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon water, beaten
Sugar and sliced almonds, for sprinkling
Preheat oven: 325 degrees F.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender. Combine wet ingredients and mix into dry just until moistened. Add cherries. Mixture will be very sticky. Turn onto floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times with floured hands. Pat out to 1/2-inch thick and cut circles. Brush tops with egg wash. Sprinkle tops with sugar and sliced almonds. Place on greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
I've just started watching that show too, and I seriously feel exhausted after 1 episode. I admire them so much, phew, 8 kids in definitely a lot of work!
Ok, cherry scones sound yummy~ I'm heisting this recipe. :)
Post a Comment